Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Larry, Thunder's crazy brother is on our banner.


This past Saturday I attended the second event that my Public Relations "Cohort" and I have planned. It was the GCSU Athletic Auction which raises money for athletic scholarships for the University. As Ging's (our teacher) son said it was a "success"!
The theme for the auction was "Thunder Rolls". Motorcycles graced the gym in all different sizes and shapes. Everything came together perfectly and we have had many compliments on the ambience we created. 
Fortunately for us, the auction was not only an event planning experience, it was also a lot of fun. There was a $10,000 reverse raffle that we were very close to winning. Only 7 spots away!
The auction came together and went very smoothly. It was definitely an experience and well worth the effort. My favorite part was meeting professors and department chairs from the athletic department. It definitely helped the "connector" side of me. I now have contacts throughout the athletic department. 

Another plus was that I have began to overcome my fear of heights by standing on so many ladders! 

LASC my fellow PR students!

No comments:

Post a Comment